Inspired Kathy's Reviews > Insurgent

Insurgent by Veronica Roth

Feb 27, 14

bookshelves: read-in-2012
Read in April, 2012

Insurgent has to be one of the most highly anticipated young adult releases this year. I was super excited to receive an advanced copy of this book last month. If you haven't read Divergent yet don't read this book summary or review. Instead go get a copy of Divergent and read it now! If you have read Divergent Veronica Roth has written a great "summary" of how things ended up at the end of the book to refresh your memory before reading Insurgent. You can find that here: http://veronicarothbooks.blogspot.com...

I am glad I choose to reread Divergent before starting Insurgent. Insurgent picks up right where Divergent left off. No time has past, they are still on the same train they were on at the end of Divergent but obviously much as changed for everyone and a wild ride is about to begin.

In Insurgent we get to learn more about the other factions. We already know about Dauntless and Abnegation but now time is spent among Amity, Candor, Erudite and the Factionless.

Honestly Tris drove me crazy through most of this book. Although the choices she made drove me insane they felt like they were inline with her character and all that she'd been through. Her world has been ripped apart and she's lost almost everyone and everything. Veronica Roth didn't allow her to be immune from the effects of that loss.

The relationship between Tris and Four is not the focus of this book. My only complaint with this book is that their time together is limited. I hope we get to see much more of them together in the final book. The few scenes they did have alone together were just what I was hoping for. I guess I should be frustrated with Four too but I can't seem to find any fault with him.

The book was packed with action, lies, deceit, betrayal... It had a different feel than Divergent did but I'm not complaining because it is a phenomenal story.

The book ends on a cliff hanger setting up what I'm sure will be a page turning storyline for the final book.

This has to be one of the best series I've read in a long time! I highly recommend it to all.

Rating: 4.5 Stars

Content: Nothing stands out in my memory other than a lot of violence. I'll let me teenagers read it.

Source: ARC from Publisher

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Insurgent.

04/12/2012 page 20
4.0% 3 comments
04/13/2012 page 40
8.0% 3 comments
04/18/2012 page 225
43.0% 3 comments
show 2 hidden updates…

Inge I am so jealous of you right now. I finished Divergent today!

Inspired Kathy If you lived nearby I'd lend it to you!

Inge Inspired Kathy wrote: "If you lived nearby I'd lend it to you!"

Really? That would've been awesome. Virtual hugs for you! :) Too bad Belgium isn't exactly nearby.

Inspired Kathy Oh yeah I totally believe in sharing books!

Inge Inspired Kathy wrote: "Oh yeah I totally believe in sharing books!"

Sharing is caring, right? :)

Nicole I won an ARC in a blog giveaway and I'm LOVING it! I wasn't a huge fan of Divergent but this one is amazing!

Diana Must you torture us. : / let us know what happens :) ;-)

Maralee Awesome review! I can't wait until May!!!

Kwesi 章英狮 O God, I can't wait to read the book!

message 10: by Claire (new) - added it

Claire Gillian Oh, THANK YOU for that link to read the recap! I started Insurgent at lunch today and was totally lost since I had read Divergent months ago.

Jo Ann Thanks also for the recap link I started Insurgent yesterday and was feeling lost too.

Martina Koleva Oh I want this book so bad! Awesome review!