Jennifer Shepherd's Reviews > Program 13

Program 13 by Nicole Sobon

Jan 06, 12

Read from December 27, 2011 to January 06, 2012

This book seemed a little off balance from the start. Emile, a sixteen year old girl, is hit by car and killed. She is then turned into a “Program,” a species that continues to have the appearance of a human, but is internally a robot, so to speak. These programs are said to take over the human race at some point in time. Her brother frees her from Vesta Life and uploads her human memories so that she is able to “live” again.
On her journey to escape, she almost kills Colton in the same manner that caused her own demise. When Colton was first introduced, I believed him to be a young boy, maybe 12 or 13 years of age, only to find out that he was in fact the same age as the main character, Emile. Emile seemed much more mature than him and almost like a parental figure. Sometimes Colton would say things that were more mature but it seemed out of character and I had a very hard time seeing him as being the same age as Emile. I also never understood why Emile would let this boy live with her, after only just meeting. This story is very far-fetched in aspects that it shouldn’t be and I didn't really enjoy it very much, I'm sad to say.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Program 13.

01/05/2012 page 85