Jay Crawford's Reviews > The Heroin Diaries: A Year In The Life Of A Shattered Rock Star

The Heroin Diaries by Nikki Sixx

Dec 27, 11

Read in December, 2011

Although I can't say that I have ever been down this dark road personally, I feel this book is a must-read for anyone who has been addicted to drugs or is contemplating using drugs. This book is the personal diary of Motley Crue co-founder and bassist Nikki Sixx for one year, from Christmas day 1986 through Christmas day 1987. Nikki has never been a saint by any means, and this book shows some of the darkest sides of his condition. Expect loads of foul language and sexually explicit talk before you read, but keep in mind the struggles he has been through. This book is a real eye-opener if you know nothing of the world of sex, drugs, and rock n roll. The book isn't royally entertaining in my opinion, but it is informative if you can get past all the crap and read between the lines about what is going on with Nikki's condition. However, if you are a fan of nasty practical jokes and crude humor, then you may find what you are looking for in this book. I would recommend this book to recovering addicts, especially those that struggle with the religious overtones that are often times pushed as a part of the recovery process.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Heroin Diaries.