Taschima Cullen's Reviews > First Drop of Crimson

First Drop of Crimson by Jeaniene Frost

Dec 27, 11

bookshelves: books-i-own, 5-star-shelf
Read in March, 2010

You can find more reviews @BloodyBookaholic

The day Jeaniene Frost writes something that disappoints me that will be the day that the world ends.

Heart broken and barely able to keep it together. That's how Denise is after the death of her husband. She decided to live the underworld behind- everything and everyone, even Cat. But little does she know that once you go to the underworld you can never come back. One night when she is with her cousin a murder occurs. Her cousin dies in the hands of a demon who has a grudge against Denise's family. And what do you know? Denise's family is next. With no one to turn, she calls the last person she thought could come to her help, but in this times of crisis she will learn that being undead isn't a crime, and that it can be much happiness as it can bring death.

Spade on the other hand was to never date humans. They are only worth for shagging and as the dessert. But when Denise calls him asking for help, and kind of sort of blackmailing him, he has no other choice but to help her. He especially doesn't want to because he has always felt this strange attraction for Denise, an attraction that could only bring a bad outcome.

What an amazing read. Kudos Jeaniene! At first I was a little afraid. What if this wasn't as good as Cat & Bones? But Jeaniene managed to make THIS relationship as memorable as the other one but for different reasons.

Bones and Cat's relationship is powerful, she doesn't need protection and he damn well knows it. They have this raw connection that only seems to intensify with each passing book. On the other hand Spade and Denise's relationship holds this kind of charming quality to it. Even though Spade is a total bad ass he still has his vulnerable side. And what do you know Denise has it too! Though at the beginning she is weak and can't really fight for herself (something that torments her) by the end you can see that this girl is going to turn out alright- if not better. They have similar backgrounds and they can understand each other well- you know, when they are not fighting or something like that.

The plot was intriguing. We get to wander farther into the supernatural world when Jeaniene integrates shifters and demons into the picture. As well as all the tricks that come along with the races. Although I don't see werewolves any time soon.

As to the cover I have to say it's a pretty damn good one. Whenever Jeaniene described Spade I always looked at the front cover and made him move in my mind. The model is dead on, even though you couldn't find a Bones you can find a Spades. Which doesn't make him any more of a fantasy. He is sexy, strong, hot, caring, loyal, and a total gentleman. Oh, and of course he is just about awesome under the covers.

Yes, this book has sex, foul language, and it's bloody. So if you are not into that do not read. Although, it's just so good... You'll be missing on a good one here!

If I keep rambling I will spoil the book, and I sooo don't wanna do that! Just know this...

This book is a high you will never forget.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read First Drop of Crimson.