Heather's Reviews > The Day My Butt Went Psycho

The Day My Butt Went Psycho by Andy Griffiths

Dec 27, 2011

did not like it
bookshelves: children, contemporary-fiction, novels, humor
Read on December 27, 2011

Intrigued by the title, I picked this up at a used book sale. After reading a couple of chapters on the bus this morning, I couldn't really handle any more. Some of the puns were pretty funny, but it got to a point where, truly, only a prepubescent boy could like it. I guess I'm just one of "those adults" :(

The idea of people's butts escaping from them and plotting world domination was bizarrely interesting, but their plan to switch all human's heads with their butts sounded like a grotesque sort of modern art. The jokes about the butts stinking when they talked and flinging brown missiles at their enemies got to be a bit much. And this is coming from a woman who normally likes poo jokes. That tells you something. Anyway, I decided I didn't want to read a whole book about it, but if you have a son who likes potty humor, send it his way.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Day My Butt Went Psycho.

message 1: by Becky (new)

Becky I think it is a little unfair to give this book a single star when you are reviewing it as though it was intended for an adult audience. This book was written for the "prepubescent boy" you mentioned. I'm not saying the book is wonderful or should win some award, but I think it is wrong to judge it as anything other than a book geared toward intermediate readers.

Shannon Tis true, Becky. We are two chapters in and both of my prepubescent boys are LOVING it!

TheGoldenCheetah you again, Heather You don't like the brick bible, witch I love buuuuuuut I'm gonna have to go with you on this one. I hated the day my butt went psycho. defiantly 1 star.

TheGoldenCheetah wait I am so sorry Heather there might have been a different Heather.....that rated this book I liked one star called the brick bible. But if it was youuuuu then we are enemies…

Heather Point taken on these comments. I probably should not have gender-stereotyped in the review, either. There are plenty of little girls who like poo jokes.

I do star my reviews based on whether I enjoyed the books or not, though, not based on whether I recommend them to other people. So if your kids like poo... go for it.