Monica's Reviews > The Patience of the Spider

The Patience of the Spider by Andrea Camilleri

Jan 03, 12

Read from December 27 to 28, 2011

“The Patience of the Spider” is the eighth book in Andrea Camilleri’s crime/mystery series featuring Inspector Montalbano. I read this during the Christmas holidays...on the plane to SF and while in SF visiting family. Easy to pick up and get lost in this book while being distracted with family and holiday food. I continue to like this series...the writing is strong, the plots solid and believable...the characters well developed. I guessed early on in the book who was behind the kidnapping, but my correct guess didn’t take anything away from the ending at all.

Jacket notes: “Still recovering from his gunshot wound, Inspector Montalbano is feeling the weight of his years, and of his solitude. He's getting softer, more introspective, and critical of his life choices. But if withdrawing from society has become natural of late, he'll soon be forced to interact with others, compelled to intervene as a web of hatred and secrets threaten to squeeze its victims to death. This is Montalbano's most unusual and challenging case yet - and the one that will either change him or break him.”

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Patience of the Spider.