Brittany's Reviews > Hidden Summit

Hidden Summit by Robyn Carr

Dec 27, 11

bookshelves: 2011-challenge, netgalley
Read in December, 2011

I have never read any of Robyn Carr's books prior to this book. I was a little apprehensive to start so far down in the series, but this book totally stood alone!

Conner is a good blue collared worker who witnesses a murder while taking the trash out from his small business. That night totally changed Connors life! He had to go into protective custody and his sister and twin nephews had to be moved to protect them as well. Conner just wants to get back to his life when he goes to Virgin River to hid out. He never expects to meet the perfect woman or finally over come the betrayal of his ex-wifes infidelity.

Leslie, fed up with her ex husband wanting to be friends and seeing him and his new pregnant wife everywhere, goes to Virgin River to start over and find herself. And boy does she in the form of Connor!

Their romance is very realistic with all the problems and issues normal couples have to address and I love how hot and passionate they are! I found Connor to be a very brave and moral man who was doing all he could to take care of all his loved ones and himself! The only reason this didn't get a 5 is because I thought the ending was too abrupt and I was left wanting a more solid conclusion! But I expect that like in most series, their story will be touched on in the next in the series, Redwood Bend. Redwood Bend is coming out February 28th! I know I can't wait to read it!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hidden Summit.