Meganm922's Reviews > The Annotated Wind in the Willows

The Annotated Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Grahame

Jan 30, 2012

bookshelves: favorites
Read from January 07 to 11, 2012

I loved this story. It was fun and adventurous, had a lot of character building, and was extremely well written. My father in law gave me this book for Christmas and said it was his favorite book growing up. I can see why and I will definitely reread this book many times in the future.
The only downside is the annotations. It was a bit difficult as a first time reader to decide whether to ignore the annotations or pause my reading to glance at each one. I opted for reading a chunk of chapters and then going back to each of the notes. Most of the notes were fairly interesting, especially some of the artwork and letters, but some of them were distracting. Some notes were more interpretations based upon knowing the conclusion, which I didn't. After finishing the book, the interpretations began to interest me and I appreciate them now.
I suppose this version would better suit those who have read this book before. I look forward to reading it again and catching any details I may have missed the first time around.

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Annotated Wind in the Willows.

01/07 page 57