Leslie's Reviews > Hearts in Darkness

Hearts in Darkness by Laura Kaye

May 19, 12

bookshelves: favorites, steamy, romance
Read on December 27, 2011

This was an unexpected and delightful surprise!

Kaye's realistic, humorous and sexy writing had me never wanting to put it down! I liked this story because it was simple yet complex all wrapped up in fun banter between the hero and heroine; who consequently become entrapped in a dark elevator for hours. Without the convenience of sight, Caden and Makenna are forced to get to know each other through voice, sounds and yes...touch.

This little novella is a refreshing breakaway of the normal "boy meets girl" romance and will have you smiling to yourself (for all sorts of reasons), the entire read!! Just plain, FUN!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hearts in Darkness.

12/27/2011

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Leslie Awww, thank you, Mary Elizabeth! I really enjoyed this book! Have you read it?

Kristen (Peddler of Smut) Loved this one too.

Leslie It was a blast, I have to admit! The ending was no surprise, but the fact that two people were forced to get to know one another was so original! It's obviously a short read...but oh so good and ahem...very sexy! (Blushing.)

message 4: by Alisha (new) - added it

Alisha Thanks for this review, Leslie! I still can't believe this was a novella, because it was full and satisfying and sweet. Novellas don't always do that.

Leslie Thank you, Alisha! You are so right!! I guess we were both "satisfied" at the end! HEE! ;)

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Very sweet story and sweet review, Leslie!

Leslie Thank you, again, Baba!! :)

Dawn Just bought it and can't wait to start!

Leslie Yay, Dawn!! :)

message 11: by Dawn (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dawn Leslie this novella was beyond amazing! Riding in elevators will never be the same! I need more about this adorable couple!! I can't believe what a great job the author did with the characters and story. Just a great quick read! I think I might re-read tonight! Hehe

Leslie Yay!! So glad you liked it, Dawn!! I thought it was an awesome UNIQUE story!! Loved it!! ;)