Ciara *I love Harry Potter!*'s Reviews > Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling

Dec 27, 2011

bookshelves: favorites

This book delivered from start to finish. I read it in a day or two, because I just couldnt put the book down! I would recommend this to pretty much everyone... its just so good!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.

Quotes Ciara *I love Harry Potter!* Liked

J.K. Rowling
“Ginny!" said Mr. Weasley, flabbergasted. "Haven't I taught you anything? What have I always told you? Never trust anything that can think for itself if you can't see where it keeps its brain?”

J.K. Rowling
“Oh well... I'd just been thinking, if you had died, you'd have been welcome to share my toilet.”
J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our
“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.”

J.K. Rowling
“Gotta bone ter pick with yeh. I've heard you've bin givin' out signed photos. How come I haven't got one?”

J.K. Rowling
“You will find that I will only truly have left this school when none here are loyal to me.”

J.K. Rowling
“Well, you're expelling us aren't you?" said Ron.
"Not today, Mr. Weasley."
Snape looked as though Christmas had been canceled.”

J.K. Rowling
“I'll be in my bedroom, making no noise and pretending I'm not there.”

J.K. Rowling
“Of all the trees we could've hit, we had to get one that hits back.”

J.K. Rowling
“Lockhart'll sign anything if it stands still long enough.”

J.K. Rowling
“Do I look stupid?" snarled Uncle Vernon, a bit of fried egg dangling from his bushy mustache.”

J.K. Rowling
“Your aunt and uncle will be proud, though, won't they?" said Hermione as they got off the train and joined the crowd thronging toward the enchanted barrier. "When they hear what you did this year?"
"Proud?" said Harry. "Are you crazy? All those times I could've died, and I didn't manage it? They'll be furious...”

J.K. Rowling
“If he doesn't stop trying to save your life he's going to kill you.”

J.K. Rowling
“He missed Hogwarts so much it was like having a constant stomachache. He missed the castle, with its secret passageways and ghosts, his classes, … the mail arriving by owl, eating banquets in the Great Hall, sleeping in his four-poster bed in the tower dormitory, visiting the gamekeeper, Hagrid, in his cabin next to the Forbidden Forest in the grounds, and especially, Quidditch, the most popular sport in the wizarding world”

J.K. Rowling
“In March several of the Mandrakes threw a loud and raucous party in greenhouse three. This made Professor Sprout very happy.
“The moment they start trying to move into each other’s pots, we’ll know they’re fully mature,” she told Harry.”

J.K. Rowling
“Maybe he murdered Myrtle; that would’ve done everyone a favor. . . .”

J.K. Rowling
“Harry Potter must not go back to Hogwarts.
“Harry Potter must stay where he is safe. He is too great, too good, to lose. If Harry Potter goes back to Hogwarts, he will be in mortal danger.”
“Why?” said Harry in surprise.
“There is a plot, Harry Potter. A plot to make most terrible things happen at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry this year.”