Autumn Review's Reviews > Poughkeepsie

Poughkeepsie by Debra Anastasia

Dec 27, 11

Summary:
Livia McHugh is a grad student that rides the train everyday and night to and from school. She's friendly and smiles to everyone at the train station. Then she begins to take notice of a homeless man. He's always there and offers her a smile in return. Blake Hartt counts her smiles everyday. He's at the station to watch for Livia day and night. He lives for her smile. Blake believes that despite the pain from his past and his delusions of who is today, Livia can see the real him. This unlikely pair go through many obstacles to get to their happy place together. Between, overcoming the stigma of being homeless, crazy ex's, mental illness, and extremely dysfunctional families, Livia and Blake create a beautiful love story.

My Take:
I've been fortunate lately to come across some really great reads. This was one of them. It's just so different. I LOVE that! On occasion when I read a book description, I think, "hmm...not sure about this." Then it becomes an all-time favorite. Blake and Livia's story was one of those for me. I really couldn't believe how they could find a way to live their love and overcome the issues of being homeless. They made it work and made it special. I think the overall story that the entire cast creates in excellent. I loved the supporting characters and felt that they could be strong leads in the story. Beckett is sooooo bad, but sooooo good too. There's just something about a really tough guy that's just hot! The ONLY thing I wasn't crazy about was the amount of violence at certain spots. It was a bit overdone and in my opinion the story didn't need to go that deep into the violence. Overall, I loved it and it will be a kept book in my personal library!
www.autumnreview.com
4 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Poughkeepsie.

Andrea The author just requested a review from me. I am all over this one. Can't wait to read it!

Autumn Review Andrea wrote: "The author just requested a review from me. I am all over this one. Can't wait to read it!"

YAY! Keep an open mind. I really liked it. I LOVED Beckett!!! umph

Andrea You know me. I'm into books that are out of the norm. The trailer killed me.

Autumn Review Andrea wrote: "You know me. I'm into books that are out of the norm. The trailer killed me."

I think you'll like it. I hope you do. Jess just read it too!