Lily's Reviews > The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight

The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith

Feb 13, 12

* Hardcover: 256 pages
* Publisher: Poppy; 1 edition (January 2, 2012)
* Language: English
* ISBN-10: 0316122386
* Author: Jennifer E. Smith
* Cover Art: Cute, it's just what you'd expect it to be based on the synopsis.
* Overall rating: ***** out of 5 stars
* Obtained: My personal book shelf.

The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight. By Jennifer E. Smith
Reviewed by Moirae the fates book reviews.

Who would have guessed that four minutes could change everything?

Today should be one of the worst days of seventeen-year-old Hadley Sullivan's life. She's stuck at JFK, late to her father's second wedding, which is taking place in London and involves a soon to be step-mother that Hadley's never even met. Then she meets the perfect boy in the airport's cramped waiting area. His name is Oliver, he's British, and he's in seat 18C. Hadley's in 18A.

Twists of fate and quirks of timing play out in this thoughtful novel about family connections, second chances and first loves. Set over a 24-hour-period, Hadley and Oliver's story will make you believe that true love finds you when you're least expecting it. (Synopsis provided by goodreads)

If I had to describe this book in one word it would be adorable. That is just what this book was adorable. I sat down on the steps with this book and a cup of coffee while the child I was baby sitting was taking a nap. I almost had the book finished before the child woke up and I couldn't help but think how much I wished the kid would have napped just a little longer so I could finish the book.

Only 256 pages, but it works, Smith got to the point and she didn't use a lot of 'filler' in the book. Hadley and Oliver are a wonderful contemporary couple. I really enjoyed how well they worked together and how fluid the book was not to mention the dialogue. Everything just flowed naturally and unfolded beautifully before the reader.

What I really liked was how much Hadley grew in such a short book, we see her anger over her Father's second marriage and we see how she deals with it, we also get to see how someone like Hadley is jaded so to speak and gets over that feeling.

I loved this book and I hope there will be a sequel so we can find out what happens after this book.
I would recommend this book to someone who likes or even is thinking of picking up a YA contemporary novel. It's a quick read one could read it in a day or a few hours depending on how fast you read. Super fun and the perfect rainy day read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight.