Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)'s Reviews > Bad Blood

Jan 10, 12

bookshelves: books-read-2012, genre-urban-fantasy
Read from January 03 to 07, 2012

This review was posted at Under The Covers

When I first started reading this series I thought it was going to be a trilogy, so I was pleasantly surprised to find out before I started this book that it would continue. The thing that keeps drawing me to this series is the sophisticated world. There is still so much that can be done with this characters and so much more than can happen!

This book starts off pretty much as soon as the last one ended. Chrysabelle is still recovering from her injuries, her life was saved thanks to Mal, and again she's not talking to either him or Creed. A bit selfish maybe if you ask me. Chrysabelle was a bit more withdrawn in this book and in some ways things that happened in this book felt more like a setup for the rest of the story. She's now looking for her brother. One that she didn't know existed before. To accomplish this she must get back to see the Aurelian to get a name. But she can't go back with our her signum.

She makes the decision to melt the famous Ring to use the gold for her signum. Good or bad decision? We will soon find out! But you will never believe where she had stashed the ring for safekeeping!

We get to travel to yet another city in Painter's world. This time is the ever popular New Orleans. I actually loved her twist on the city as it now belongs to the fae and vamps are persona non grata in the city. In order to get her ring back, Chrysabelle, Mal and Mortalis must help the fae in New Orleans solve a few issues. While back on the home front Creed, Doc and Fi are dealing with well.... a lot going on back home. Samhain is here and the creatures are out.

Mal and Chrysabelle's relationship was cemented a bit more in this book, which pushes aside the love triangle we started to see in the previous book. I'm happy about this. They both love each other, and Mal's feelings run deep. I'd love for them to be able to explore their feelings in the nest book.

I'm excited to see what's to come out, even though I'm still not sold on this as a favorite series of mine, it's unique, intriguing and interesting!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bad Blood.

01/04/2012
26.0% "Just like that? That was easy! *looks for her Staples button*"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

VampireNovelFan I may need to re-read this one again. I was gearing up for The Hollows, so I wasn't really caring at all.

VampireNovelFan That one got very annoying...

VampireNovelFan LOL you may like that kind of thing though, I dunno, lol.

VampireNovelFan Francesca ~*~ Eyelet Ecstasy ~*~ wrote: "Ill let you know ;)"

LOL I'll be awaiting.

message 8: by gigi (new)

gigi pryce Love this series fran. We have a discussion thread on ddlf tell me what you think of it

Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog) I'll come over in a bitto talk about it then gigi! Thanks!

message 10: by gigi (new)

gigi pryce Francesca ~*~ Eyelet Ecstasy ~*~ wrote: "I'll come over in a bitto talk about it then gigi! Thanks!"

Anytime chick mwah!