Sylvia 's Reviews > A Whisper To A Scream

A Whisper To A Scream by Lauren Hammond

Geez Louise what the hell was that! Seriously that ending had me screaming WTF!! I really can't believe it and I'm actually shocked to the core with this one. This book has had my head spinning from the moment I read the prologue and first chapter. We are introduced to Adam Jacobs and he's lust or more like need for blood. You can say he is somewhat like a vampire in that the thought of blood sends him into a frenzy but what's worse is that this book is not paranormal. The characters are as raw and real and as human as they come, which scares the shit out of me. I was thinking to myself "what the hell did I get myself into." It really wasn't what I expected, but at the same time I could not stop reading it.

This book is freaky and creepy, and raw and honest, and captivating and enthralling. I felt like a possessed women trying to work my way through the pages, and I felt conflicted. I mean you know the truth about Adam while you are reading but you can't help yourself being drawn into him and his world. You can't help but feel sorry for him and want him to be good, but deep down you know he is the monster he claims to be. And then you shudder to think that maybe there is the chance he is not, that what he feels and does can be healed but then the bad in him wins...can you see why I was conflicted?

The moment that Adam feels good or worthy about himself is because of Ellory. Oh man this girl is so much fun. She is not the good girl that gets swept up by the bad boy. She is the bad girl who sneaks out at night, gets drunk, hooks up with other people's boyfriends and finds herself brawling any time she can. She is sass mouthed and takes no shit from anyone...she is a breath of fresh air. I really admire her ability to be who she is and not change for no one, not even a guy. And for the first time in both their lives they find a connection with someone who is good for them instead of harming them. They find that with each other for differing reasons. For Adam, it's to keep the monster hidden in a cell and for Ellory, it's to learn to trust and let someone in. It's so weird but beautiful and the same time.

Eventually, Adam's monster gets the better of him and Ellory soon finds out the dangerous side to him. But the remarkable thing about that is that she is not freaked or scared of him...seriously if this was me I would be running the other way! Instead, she accepts this because she loves him and knows he can be a better man than that. So, as soon as she confronts Adam about this, so much goes down and before you know it we are at the end of the book where we are left with one MOTHER OF A CLIFFHANGER! Oh dear Lord in heaven, what the hell just happened and why oh why are we left hanging over the edge like that. Seriously I need book 2 now! Lauren Hammond, is a brilliant writer who takes a risk in her writing and it pays off big time...you have me hooked!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Whisper To A Scream.

Quotes Sylvia Liked

Lauren Hammond
“For a moment, I’m captivated. He’s seducing me with his eyes. A nervous flutter swims through my stomach. I can feel my heartbeat in my throat. Pounding. Constricting. I swallow hard.”
Lauren Hammond, A Whisper To A Scream

Lauren Hammond
“Maybe I’m stupid. Maybe I’m just as evil as he is by keeping my mouth shut. But he told me once that I was different. And I can’t help but hope that me being different is the one thing in this world that can save him from what he fears the most…Himself.”
Lauren Hammond, A Whisper To A Scream

05/21/2012
24.0% "Oh the main girl has such a sass mouth on her she cracks me up I like her style lol"
05/22/2012
60.0% "Ok I'm loving this book it's so captivating but I'm confused as to how I should feel about Adam I'm drawn to him and he has my head spinning like Ellory but seriously dude he's f%&ked up !!"
05/23/2012
100.0% "WTF!!!"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Adriana Finally you will see how awsome this book is LOL!!!!

Sylvia Lol I have faith in both you and Tatiana that it will be great but I'm freaking out already that first chapter scared the shit out of me lol

Adriana dont worry it is not your typical love story as you can plainly see but its still a great read LOL

Sylvia Lol nothing is typical about this book that's for sure!!

Tatiana I'm so excited that you are reading it. It's always like this when someone you know reads one of your favorite books.

Sylvia Lol yeah I know how you feel Tatiana !! I love Ellory she's such a sass mouth hehe I'm 20% done already

Tatiana How do you like Adam so far? Are you still way too creeped out to like him?

Sylvia Well the first chapter only creeped me out but I'm keeping an open mind about him for sure...so far (besides chapter 1) he's been nothing but a normal cocky guy and I like that but I've got to get into the heart of the story to see how I feel LOL

Tatiana I love that guy LOL it seems i like disturbed guys like Adam and Caleb LOL

Sylvia Lol don't worry I do too it took me a bit to warm up to Caleb too so give me time I'll let you know as I read lol

message 11: by Reem (new) - rated it 5 stars

Reem Hardan So I guess this means I should grab this one right now and start with it right!?

Sylvia Lol I think you might second guess reading it like i did for a while but it was like watching a train wreck you know you shouldn't but you just can't help yourself !! I think you should read it for sure!!

message 13: by Reem (new) - rated it 5 stars

Reem Hardan I started it, but to be honset I feel freaked out!! I mean mmm whaaat is wrong with him (Adam) I can't imagine anything happening between him and Ellory!! he's so disturbed! But I'm gonna keep on reading to see what u guys r talking 'bout.

Sylvia You are feeling exactly like I was I really didn't know what to think he freaked me out but then he sort of reminded me of a vampire so I kept an open mind about it and kept reading I really like Ellory she is so bad lol

message 15: by Reem (new) - rated it 5 stars

Reem Hardan Yeah that's exactly my thoughts, and I love Ellory 2 she has a sassy mouth LOL!It gives a taste to this whole book.

Sylvia Yeah she's a real sass mouth love her and yeah I start to feel for Adam he's very haunted and disturbed but I would definitely run away from him that's for sure lol

message 17: by Reem (new) - rated it 5 stars

Reem Hardan But I guess she won't be running away from him in the near future right!?

Sylvia Lol you got it !! But so much more happens you've just got to read it and see for yourself

message 19: by Reem (new) - rated it 5 stars

Reem Hardan O.k I just finished reading it, and i'm soooooo confused about my feelings for this one, I mean I love Ellory (obviously), I like Adam when he's around Ellory, but I'm still not sure about him, he still gives me the creep espically after he kidnapped Katie (not that she doesn't deserve it)..but great book, thnx for telling to go with it .

Sylvia Oh you're welcome and I totally understand how you are conflicted cause that's how I totally felt too but what about that cliffhanger!!

message 21: by Reem (new) - rated it 5 stars

Reem Hardan I know I mean I was reading the last chapter and I kept saying to myself there's only a few pages left , what could possibly happen so fast till we move to the end, but baaang the end is just another start!!

Sylvia Yep exactly!! I never expected that and to think that Adam resisted too that it was the other person OMG BOOM!!

message 23: by Reem (new) - rated it 5 stars

Reem Hardan LOL!! I'm there with u at this one!! Lauren Hammond surely knows how to throw bombs at the end!

Sylvia Lol she really does and keeps you guessing and makes you feel things you never wound ... Sign of a great writer!!

message 25: by Reem (new) - rated it 5 stars

Reem Hardan I couldn't agree more with u.