Kirsti's Reviews > Confessions of a Master Jewel Thief

Confessions of a Master Jewel Thief by Bill Mason

Jun 22, 08

bookshelves: eccentricity, nonfiction, mayhem, philosophy, psychology, true-crime
Recommended to Kirsti by: paperbackswap.com impulse buy
Recommended for: fans of nonfiction
Read in September, 2006

"Nothing works more in a thief's favor than people feeling secure. That's why places that are heavily alarmed and guarded can sometimes be the easiest targets. The single most important factor in security--more than locks, alarms, sensors or armed guards--is attitude. A building protected by nothing more than a cheap combination lock but inhabited by people who are alert and risk-aware is much safer than one with the world's most sophisticated alarm system whose tenants assume they're living in an impregnable fortress."

Dedication: "For those who loved me anyway."

Very entertaining autobio by a (mostly) reformed jewel thief. I have this book to thank (?) for introducing the term "absolutely the cat's nuts" into my vocabulary.
3 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Confessions of a Master Jewel Thief.

message 1: by Brownbetty (new) - added it

Brownbetty I'm not exactly a fan of non-fiction, but your review makes this sound delightful. I shall attempt to secure a copy!

Kirsti Thanks, Brownbetty! It's good to know that someone else is reading my reviews, and I'm not just talking to myself. :-)

أحمد حسان it's a spoiler ,the most interesting advice in the book