Darcy's Reviews > All Summer Long

All Summer Long by Susan Mallery

May 21, 12

bookshelves: 2012, e-book, net-galley-books, romance
Read on May 21, 2012

When I learned about Charlie's past I was shocked, it didn't seem to fit her, neither did her reaction to it. In the past books we have seen what a strong person she is/was. So I was surprised by the way that Charlie choose to deal with over coming her past. For me, her proposition to Clay was preposterous. I just had to go with that fact to enjoy the book.

Clay surprised me too. With the little snipes Rafe had about Clay, his character wasn't what I expected, he was so normal and down to earth. Even though I hated the deal that Clay and Charlie had, I thought Clay went about things in a great way, one that drew Charlie out and did just what she needed to have done.

And with all stories set in Fool's Gold, the town plays a big part of what happens. I loved how when Clay encountered set back after set back with his Haycations, they were there for him, from collaborations to some big time support and help. It looks more crazy things will be coming to the ranch. Soon it will be an attraction all of it's own.

I have to say that I hated Charlie's mom, she was a flat out bitch! I couldn't believe all the things she said to Charlie and how she expected Charlie to be there for her just because she was ready for it. I did love how May, Denise, and even Mayor Marsha gave her the subtle slap down on her behavior. Dominique did change, but it wasn't enough for me, I still don't care for her, even with her actions at the end with May and Clay.

There are threads for future stories in this book, ones that I look forward to reading about. I would love to see Evie, the Stryker outsider sister get her HEA, and am intrigued with Patience and hopefully Justice, who fascinated me. I look forward to visiting Fool's Gold again with the next book!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read All Summer Long.