Dan's Reviews > The Hunt for Atlantis

The Hunt for Atlantis by Andy McDermott

Jan 08, 12

Read from December 26, 2011 to January 08, 2012

I picked this up expecting some cliche, quirky Indiana Jones novel, and while it was this to some extent, I was pleased to find that this novel delivered what felt like a very polished adventure. From Iran, to Brazil, Tibet and beyond, this story takes us to a variety of settings and the plots at each location never get boring. Rather, I thought McDermott really did a great job at balancing action and drama, making his story flow in a way so that you never feel the action is excessive or oppositely so. Sure, the typical cheesy dialogue is there between the characters but hey let's face it, who would give a shot about being cheesy when they're on a badass adventure like the one this novel provides. Props to McDermott for this novel, it's one where you can tell the author really cared about his work. I definitely liked this more than I initially thought I would and now I can definitely see reading more of this series in the future!

Recommend to: