Sarah Fay's Reviews > Then Again

Then Again by Diane Keaton

Dec 27, 11

Read in December, 2011

I read this book because I have always loved Diane Keaton in all her parts and have also admired the person she seems to be in real life. That all still holds true, but I was pretty disappointed with the book, which was amateurishly written at best; wandering and boring at worst. While it is full of deeply personal confessions - of for instance, her bulemia, her lack of self esteem, her family dynamics ...she completely skips over the good stuff and fails to fill in any details of her famed relationships with Woody Allen, Warren Beatty, or Al Pacino beyond what has already been made more than apparent in the press. Come on but, Enquiring minds want to know! It reminded me of an old movie where the camera pans to the moon to let you know a love scene is happening. I think it is sweet and admirable that Keaton honors her mother by making the book about her and her fight with Alzheimer's - but if I had known this in advance it wouldn't have been my first choice of reading material. Sorry if that sounds harsh. I still think Diane is great but this book could have fit into a magazine article with the same amount of substance.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Then Again.