David's Reviews > Parallel Stories

Parallel Stories by Péter Nádas

Jan 07, 2012

Read from January 01 to 07, 2012

Impressive in it's scope and enjoyable in the wonderful writing, but I still found this to be a confusing book to read. Though I do think it is a skill that some writers can help readers to understand complexity, I do not think writing is flawed simply because a writer does not do that. Nádas definitely doesn't. There are so many threads, characters, switches in time, that it is a struggle to understand what is going on and why. I never did get a complete handle on the book, but perhaps I didn't pick up on a key reference I needed to in order to comprehend. This is a masterful book, but I didn't pick up enough to appreciate it fully on my first time through.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Parallel Stories.

01/02/2012 page 195
01/03/2012 page 400
35.0% 7 comments
01/04/2012 page 575
50.0% 4 comments
01/05/2012 page 740
64.0% 8 comments
show 6 hidden updates…

Comments <span class="smallText"> (showing 1-3 of 3) </span> <span class="smallText">(3 new)</span>

message 1: by Matt (new) - added it

Matt I have this thing sitting on my shelf...It looks very threatening in size and scope. But I'm told there's a lot of sex in it?

message 2: by Joseph (new) - added it

Joseph Michael Owens There's a lot of genital description, for sure. More so than actual sex, at least 110 pages in or so (if that helps).

David Joseph M. wrote: "There's a lot of genital description, for sure. More so than actual sex, at least 110 pages in or so (if that helps)."

Matt wrote: "I have this thing sitting on my shelf...It looks very threatening in size and scope. But I'm told there's a lot of sex in it?"

There is a decent amount of sex in it. One scene in particular goes on for quite a while. Even the characters are a bit sore afterward.