Shannon's Reviews > The Pastor's Wife

F_50x66
Dec 26, 11

bookshelves: biography, 2011, christian-life, non-fiction, own
Read from December 25 to 26, 2011 — I own a copy

It's one thing to know about the persecution of Christians. It's another thing to put a name, a face, and day-to-day experiences to this thing that seems so far away. Sabina Wurmbrand is very real about her experiences, the temptations, the horror. But she also shares of courage and peace I cannot imagine in her circumstances. I'm amazed at the awful things human beings can do to each other, and at the tenacity of a human being to go on living in the midst of so much tragedy. Knowing a man who was "on the other side" of this story makes it that much more intense. I can't agree with all the theological conclusions she drew, but I deeply value the practical application of her Christianity. I admire her steadfastness in her roles as wife, mother, and chiefly Christian. She served as an ambassador for Christ in every place God put her. She spoke with truth with courage, even when she knew the potential consequences. She sets an example few (Americans, at least) ever see of Christianity in action at tremendous personal cost.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Pastor's Wife.