Sandra Stiles's Reviews > ProtoStar

ProtoStar by Braxton A. Cosby

Dec 26, 11

bookshelves: romance, science-fiction, young-adult
Read in December, 2011

First of all I have to say I love the term Sci-Fance. It definitely explains the genre of this book.
The characters William and Sydney are well developed and the world building is fabulous. Bring on the details. I know a lot of people don't like details but I happen to be one that loves them. It made it easier for me to visualize their world. William is the son of King Derry and has been sent to earth to kill the Star-child, a threat to their world. William finds the 17 year old star-child named Sydney. Sydney has no idea she is a star-child or what that means. William finds himself torn between what he has been ordered to do and the feelings he has begun to accept for Sydney. When he defies the order he finds himself on the other side trying to protect Sydney. This is just the first in this series. I am so glad that there is another to come. I hate having to wait so long for it. If you are a lover of science fiction I believe you will really enjoy it. If you are not sure if you like science fiction then I would say this would be a good one to cut your teeth on. This type of science fiction will appeal to girls as well as boys. For once I have read a science fiction book that did not talk over my head science-wise. It is for this reason I will recommend this book.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read ProtoStar.