Marsha's Reviews > Shadow Demons

1991207
Dec 27, 2011

Recommended for: Young Adults and Adults
Read from December 26 to 27, 2011 , read count: Once

This is the first series I believe that I've given each book 5 stars. "Shadow Demons" is the promise of an epic battle between the witches and the demons. Each time I believe that Cannon has outdone herself and couldn't possibly surprise me or outdo her last book, she does it again. In some ways, I am saddened because I know that the series is coming to an end. But that does not stop me from one of the wildest rides I've ever read.

In the beginning, Harper, Jackson and Mary Anne go to the home of the crows to discover if there are any dark magic books that might assist them in freeing Jackson's brother. Unfortunately, they stumble on the remains of the once imposing coven and they are at a lost as to who might have destroyed it and stolen the important information. While descending into the room where the books are stored, Harper is injured by a diamond stud earring. Mary Anne assures her that no one in the coven has pierced ears; so, she has her first clue as to who might have destroyed the village.

After returning home, Harper's training is due to begin with Zara; but, not before the cheerleading championships. Brooke is being her normal hateful self and something attacks Harper once again. Soon, she realizes that things are not as they seem and those she has come to count on will betray her and some she has grown to be suspicious of with help her. You can feel the tensions build in this read and you know that we are at the point of not return. There are several new characters and secrets will be revealed. Once of the things I love most about Cannon's writing is that she is not afraid to take time to let the characters fall in love. It has been four books and Harper and Jackson finally realize how they truly feel about each other. Their feelings are totally believable because it took time to sort out and build.

When Shadow Demons was written, Cannon indicated that the final book would be book 5, "Demons Forever." However, on Amazon.com she indicated that the series would end after book six. I cannot wait for the next book in the series which is to be released sometime in January 2012. This series is what makes me such an avid reader. It takes my mind to a whole new level.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shadow Demons.