Melindeeloo's Reviews > Magic Gifts

Magic Gifts by Ilona Andrews

Dec 26, 11

Read in December, 2011

An attempt at an actual date works out every bit as well as you'd imagine for Kate Daniels magical troubleshooter (aka trouble magnet) and her mate the Curran the Beast Lord of Atlanta.

Magic Gifts is a great little slice of the Kate Daniels series with just a quick little tease for their upcoming Andrea spin off series starter, Gunmetal Magic. For those who follow the authors' blog, the opening scene and a Jim moment later on have been shared as snippets, but the story that surrounds it makes it well worth the tiny bit of deja vu from having read bits of the story before.

Magic Gifts showcases pretty much everything that I love about the series, Kate's ability to get in and out of danger, a myth to provide the inspiration for the background story and the great relationships (and cast) that the authors have developed in a series that has grown into one of my favorites. I love Kate and her smarts and snarkiness and I love the oh so dangerous Curran, and I love the rest of the cast too - many of whom have cameos here.

Don't miss out on this Kate Daniels connected short which runs parallel in time to the Andrews' upcoming Gunmetal Magic. This story free for two weeks starting 12/24/2011 on the authors blog http://www.ilona-andrews.com/magic-gi....

4 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Magic Gifts.