Anh's Reviews > If Tomorrow Comes

If Tomorrow Comes by Sidney Sheldon

Dec 26, 11

bookshelves: fiction, hated
Read in January, 2008

Well, Sidney Sheldon's style is not exactly my favorite but I thought it was passable, since it was the first Sheldon novel I read. At 16, I was new to this type of novels. 3 years later I read another book by Sheldon and didn't like it. I realized everything was so smooth, so predictable: the woman and the man were beautiful and successful and nothing went wrong for them. Happy ending for the criminals.

In short, there's nothing noticeable, the plots were so boring that the next thing you know is waking up.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read If Tomorrow Comes.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by desertblues (last edited Dec 28, 2011 12:14PM) (new)

desertblues Yes, there is not much fun in those books, I find, although I remember reading several at one point. Why?

I am currently reading The gates of November of Chaim Potok. As a youngster I read his books of Asher Lev, the Choses and the Promise. Especially Asher Lev was my favourite; about a Jewish boy who wanted to be an artist and struggled with his religion and the (strict)Jewish society he belonged to. It centers on the dynamics and feelings of Jewish families.

But the Gates of November (now 15 % in the book), is the chronology of a Jewish family in Russia, the Slepak-family. Their story begins at about the time of the Revolution and the rise of the Communism in Russia. Very interesting, as Chaim Potok talked to this family in Russia.

message 2: by Anh (new) - rated it 1 star

Anh Indeed, 1917 was a remarkable year, with many changes in people's lives. Please keep me updated.