LMM's Reviews > Magic Gifts

Magic Gifts by Ilona Andrews

Feb 10, 12

bookshelves: modern-fiction, paranormal-pnr
Read from December 26, 2011 to February 10, 2012

Huzzah! I finally finished another one for 2012! OK well it's a short but still!

So I was betwixt & between giving this a 4 or a 5. I don't know why really can't give it a five b'c honestly, it ticks all the boxes...action, check. Humor, check, check. Characters are still true, triple check. Plot is interesting & pertinent, quadruple check! However, I guess b'c as a short for a continuing series, I know it has more to give & couldn't separate that.

Other than that, another solid showing from team Ilona Andrews. They do a series & all the in-betweens proud. Honestly, I wonder how they stay so strong where right about now most series falter if they haven't already. I'm gonna chalk it up to the power of having a team & a ying to the yang. An honest balance between the 2 personalities within the writing relationship which remains unbiased toward one another. I can't imagine a one-sided, I'll support you no matter how wrong you actually are just cause I love you relationship here. It just wouldn't allow such continuous strength IMO. Kudos for being honest.

Whatever the case, I'm not mad at them! So far Kate Daniels, IMO, is worthy of the title. I mean the championship. The strongest of the PNR genre by far. I haven't met a hater yet & really, there's no cause for it.

I don't even mind that Curran is allllmost Gary-Stu or kate is alllmost Mary-Sue b'c they are such badasses. The fact that they have humor & humility with exasperation to spare saves it for me.

You know, now I'm just talking to talk. If you've read this or reading this installment than your a fan b'c you've come this far so you know. I'm preaching to the choir.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Magic Gifts.