Olivia's Reviews > The Tenth Circle

The Tenth Circle by Jodi Picoult

Dec 26, 11

Read from December 01 to 25, 2011

I thought it was a good read. I was hesitant at first when I started to read that it was about a missing child, so I put the book down since that topic is too hard for me to stomach. When I decided to read it, I learned it wasn't about a child abduction which was soothing to know. But instead about the relationship between father and daughter and the individual hardships each had to face and how they overcame them. A father with a past who has run from it, a mediocre marriage and a daughter he vows to protect but unfortunately isn't always able.

The daughter faces her own challenges and is in a situation hardly bearable for any teenage girl and who is ostracized. You feel for both characters. The story works well in how the story unravels and reveals their lives and psychic, thoughts and emotions. I noticed that the topic changes abruptly so the transition from one event to another or from one character to another took me off guard. Lastly, the father who is a comic writer includes his comics within the story and I wasn't inclined to read the comics and just scanned them. The writer has inserted hidden messages which she talks about at the end, so I may go back and look for that.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Tenth Circle.