Anastacia 's Reviews > Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling

May 26, 2016

bookshelves: fantasy, young-adult-childrens, harry-potter, favorites, magic, reread, series, wizards, 2010, fiction, print-books-i-own
Read from May 25 to 26, 2016

So, what can one say about the last book in an epic fantasy series?

Surprisingly, I didn't cry my way through the book this time. Was it because I knew what to expect? Too stressed over the real world to find myself really feeling what was going? Hmm...

I honestly don't have a lot to say about this one. I still don't see/can't see Snape as a hero. A million years ago, he supposedly falls in love with a girl, but hates her son. I can see hating him on principal in year one or year two, but after years of getting to know Harry Potter, Snape's feelings should've upgraded, changed to mild dislike, something... Yeah he was a super spy, but he did it all for a girl - how does that make him a hero? It makes him human. Yes, he was brave to be a spy, and he certainly was the only one who did it, so I dunno.

I still feel this book drags horribly in the middle. It's just so much whining and bickering between Ron, Harry and Hermoine, and complaining about how Dumbledore didn't tell Harry anything. Move on, people. (Though I find it interesting that I always really liked Dumbledore, but this time re-reading the series, I find myself liking him very little. He's really horrible to Harry. Yes, he had his reasons, and they were for the right reasons, but he didn't have to be so horrible!)

So I guess I had more to say on the subject then I thought. :)
1 like · flag