Razz's Reviews > Imperfect Justice: Prosecuting Casey Anthony

F_50x66
Dec 27, 11

bookshelves: non-fiction
Read from December 26 to 27, 2011

Hmmm...I"m not sure I learned anything new except what Casey had planned for her father, originally: that the psychiatrists were going to testify that George very well may have killed Caylee in the outside pool and then tried to pin it on Casey. What utter nonsense. George may very well be a monster but only because he spawned such an evil child.

I felt like Ashton glossed over some of the prosecutions missteps. And he severely underestimated Baez. I always thought Baez did an incredible job for Casey. and perhaps part of it was his inexperience. (Baez) And the prosecution's belief that he was a bumbling fool.

Another thing I found fascinating was Judge Perry's height. 5'2"!
I also wonder why his demeanor changed toward Baez. And I'm glad it did as he was openly hostile to Baez in the beginning. "Mr. Byyyezzzz."

The duct tape over the nose and.mouth.....I did think the video produced showing how the tape fit over Caylee,s mouth was grossly unfair. I needed to see that tape on the skull! I needed to see the shape of the tape and how it was fit over the nose and mouth. Was it cut with scissors or did it appear to be ripped? Too many unanswered questions there.

And what I felt was some incredible testimony from Lee Anthony that Ashton didn't even touch upon was how the Anthony pets had been buried in the past. And that's when I wondered if the duct tape was somehow inadvertently "placed" on Caylee's skull when the animals ravaged it.

This is a case Ashton will never live down. They blew it. I don't care what his record had been before.

I'm not sure I recommend the book. Most of it I already knew. This book won't be the last say on this
trial. But Ashton had to have his say (again) and maybe too quickly.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Imperfect Justice.

12/26/2011 page 150
59.0% "I couldn't resist. So far, I haven't learned anything new except for a little background on Ashton. There's no question in my mind he's good but he must be tough to live/work with."