Sofija's Reviews > Alien Diplomacy

Alien Diplomacy by Gini Koch

Apr 23, 12

Read from April 20 to 22, 2012 — I own a copy

I’m not happy. I love this series very much and it pains me to take one star away from it, but it would be unfair to the previous books because "Alien Diplomacy" wasn’t as excellent as the others.

I still can’t forgive Gini Koch for giving Kitty some of the A-C special powers. The main reason I liked her was because she was ordinary human and was staying alive in dangerous situations only because of her brains! Kitty was awesome enough without power upgrade!

Then there were so many characters that I couldn’t keep up. The book still have all the characters from the previous installments and now twelve people from Washington Wife class were added plus their spouses plus K9 team plus assassins plus other ambassadors. I just couldn’t remember who was who and so I was lost in the plot sometimes. Fortunately Kitty’s ability to gave unique nicknames helped a little. But if the character flow will continue I will need a guide for the next book.

“I do love your names for things. Everyone else says you use the names to belittle or because you’re not bright enough to remember the real names, but I think you do it because you have an interesting worldview.”

There was a lot of running in this book. And I am not used to see Kitty running from danger. I understand that her role was changed from active ass-kicker to diplomat, but still... I was tired of all the conspiracies and useless attempts to solve them. I want to see Kitty killing fuglies. Go kick some superbeings ass!

Apart from that, the book still was fun and entertaining. I read it, I enjoyed it, I want next one. I just wish that the next will be as awesome as the first three books.

“Welcome to My Super Secret Life, where people try to kill us on a regular basis, and we thwart bad-guy schemes for breakfast. We’re almost like a reality show, only without the alcohol and hot tubs.”
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Alien Diplomacy.

Quotes Sofija Liked

Gini Koch
Gini Koch, Alien Diplomacy

Gini Koch
“Oh, sure, they’d insisted I take Washington Wife class after I’d inadvertently insulted the Prime Minster of England, but how could I have known he wasn’t willing to admit that the Rolling Stones weren’t half the band Aerosmith was and never would be?”
Gini Koch, Alien Diplomacy

04/21/2012 page 67
16.0% ""Oh, sure, they’d insisted I take Washington Wife class after I’d inadvertently insulted the Prime Minster of England, but how could I have known he wasn’t willing to admit that the Rolling Stones weren’t half the band Aerosmith was and never would be?" :DDD"
show 2 hidden updates…