Angela Wu's Reviews > The Alchemist

The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho

Apr 16, 12

It may have been overhyped, and as a result, overtly trashed. However, I loved this book. It's a quick read, but it's compact. It's magical, mystical, and spiritual. It is something that is not of this world, yet so relatable. Recommended for anyone who is spiritual (not necessarily religious-there's a difference), who is open-minded, who is hopeful, who has a dream, and who is eager to hear what the author-not society- has to say.

"Tell your heart that the fear of suffering is worse than the suffering itself. And that no heart has ever suffered when it goes in search of its dreams, because every second of the search is a second's encounter with God and with eternity"- The Alchemist

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Alchemist.

Quotes Angela Liked

Paulo Coelho
“When we love, we always strive to become better than we are. When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.”

Paulo Coelho
“Tell your heart that the fear of suffering is worse than the suffering itself. And that no heart has ever suffered when it goes in search of its dreams, because every second of the search is a second's encounter with God and with eternity.”
Paulo Coelho, Alchemist

Paulo Coelho
“There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.”

Paulo Coelho
“Don't give in to your fears. If you do, you won't be able to talk to your heart.”

Paulo Coelho
“This is what we call love. When you are loved, you can do anything in creation. When you are loved, there's no need at all to understand what's happening, because everything happens within you.”

Paulo Coelho
“One is loved because one is loved. No reason is needed for loving.”