Dan Thompson's Reviews > The Templar Salvation

The Templar Salvation by Raymond Khoury

Feb 23, 12

bookshelves: read-in-2012, religious-mystery, historical-thriller, templar-mystery
Read from January 17 to February 23, 2012

I've always enjoyed Historical Thriller novels, and I'm not ashamed to admit that Dan Brown introduced me to them. This eventually led me to Raymond Khoury and notably the prequel to 'The Templar Salvation' his 2006 novel 'The Last Templar'.

Sean Reilly and Tess Chaykin return for this sequel and are up against an Iranian Extremist who plans to follow the actions of a documented Templar from the 13th Century to discover the ultimate lode that can turn Christianity on its head.

The good points here are quite limited I have to say. It's an enjoyable read, nicely paced and has two leads that have a realistic chemistry. Khoury, like his predecessors, include a Wikipedia amount of Historical fact that is easily digested, understandable and this ultimately allows the reader to be drawn in more.

However it isn't very original, we've simply read it time and time again and when you actually discover the 'secret' that will threaten a whole faith, you are left somewhat disappointed.

Khoury's writing style is a little simple for my liking. It's written like an American cop drama on TV. I would have liked it to be a bit more complicated and have a more structured mysterious plot that kept you guessing and smacking you in the face with endless surprises along the way. It instead uses action scenes much more which is entertaining but can get repetitive.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Templar Salvation.

01/21/2012 page 35