Skylar Burris's Reviews > God's Whisper in a Mother's Chaos: A Down-To-Earth Look at Christianity for the Curious & Skeptical

God's Whisper in a Mother's Chaos by Keri Wyatt Kent

Jul 15, 08

bookshelves: christianity, parenting
Read in July, 2008

This was good as far as these types of devotional books go. By "these types" I mean the sort of devotional books that are often popularly used for church study groups or personal quiet times; they force you to think about your life and about God, but they are often repetitive and somewhat simplistic and basically tell you to do things you already know you should be doing (although the reminder is good to have and lingers for a time). This was one I could relate to fairly easily, and I appreciate that the author wrote it while she yet had young children, so she could therefore speak knowledgably about "a mother's chaos." I got a few helpful ideas I will attempt to put into affect in my life, but what I really got out of this book came from the group I studied it with, and not so much from the book itself.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read God's Whisper in a Mother's Chaos.