Loryn's Reviews > Happy Birthday

Happy Birthday by Danielle Steel

I listened to this on my way to NYC last week, and finished it Thursday. It was pretty good! I've never read any Danielle Steel, but it's your basic fun, simple story line. I really liked the story, especially how it was set in NYC which was a total coincidence! I felt myself rooting for April the whole time, as well as Jack and Valerie. The ending was so happy and I'm glad I finished it after I came back from NY. The very only thing that kept it from 5 stars was the physical writing style. The wording was WAY too repetitive! It's the writing tutor in me. I know Steele pops out like 10 books a year or something but I felt like it needed to be read over again to edit out these things. In one sentence she'd say something was outrageous, and then in the next explain it was outrageous again - you know? The phrasing and wording was super repetitive. Something so simple like rephrasing would have made it much more enjoyable - but maybe it was just me, I could just tell too much. Either way, this was fun! Worth reading or listening to on a long, solo car drive!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Happy Birthday.