Sherri Huntley's Reviews > In the Bleak Midwinter: A Clare Fergusson and Russ Van Alstyne Mystery

In the Bleak Midwinter by Julia Spencer-Fleming

F 50x66
Jan 15, 12

bookshelves: first-reads
Read in January, 2012

This is a terrific book, I enjoyed every page.I recieved the book on monday from Goodreads and finished it in just a couple of days - it really holds your attention. The story starts off with an abandonded baby and soon after a murder but the best thing about the book is that there were so many twists and turns that you didn't figure out the mystery until the very end. I find it difficult to finish out books when you know you have already figured it out but I just had to keep reading this one. The story is set in the snowy wintery northeast so it's a perfect book for this time of year.

The story revolves around a former military pilot turned priest and a small town police chief who unexpectedly find themselves trying to solve the mystery of who left the baby on the church's doorstep and who killed the young women found soon after. The story moves very quickly, no boring parts to wade through! Just when you think you have it all figured out, another turn is introduced.
3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read In the Bleak Midwinter.