Giselle at BO-OK NERD Canada's Reviews > Hallowed

Hallowed by Cynthia Hand

Apr 05, 14

bookshelves: arc, e-book, bought-in-store, own, 2012, for-review
Read from December 25 to 26, 2011 — I own a copy

Clara's back in the second novel as confused as ever about her mission. Still reeling about her Black Wing encounter she feels thatcher mom is keeping a big secret from her. Her visions get stronger and her ability to draw glory is harder to master. With help from Angela and Christian, they find out the truth about their history of being Angel Bloods.

I thought this book was very slow..a lot of backstory was introduced which is good but the way it was done, it took soo long that I almost fell asleep. Not to say this novel didn't have its high points. That Christian is relentless and Tucker is the prefect boyfriend. Who does Clara choose? I do enjoy love triangles and this one was definitely dramatic.

Make sure to also check out Unearthly #1 because that's the first one in the series.

COVER
Beauitful and simple, Clara looks as ethereal as any angel. I do like how it's one color and not a full on photo. It makes it a little bit different than most covers.

QUOTES
“What Black Wings feel is much, much more intense,” age continues. “They have chosen to separate themselves from God, and that causes then an almost unbearable pain.”—Clara's mom (page 68)

“Don't give up your life for a guy,” she says then firmly. “Not even a great guy. Not even Tucker.”—Wendy (page 134)

“He never wanted to let me go. He wanted to fight for me. Every part of him was telling him to fight, but he didn't know how. He thought maybe the purest form of love us letting me go.”-Clara (page 239)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hallowed.

12/25/2011 page 17

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Juhina me too! i also thought it was seriously slow. I really dislike Christian! maybe we should buddy read the third book.. gives me motivation to ACTUALLY finish the trilogy.