Crystallena's Reviews > Dead, Undead, or Somewhere in Between

Dead, Undead, or Somewhere in Between by J.A. Saare

Dec 25, 11

Read on December 25, 2011

GRRRRR! I really, really, really (seriously, really) hate the use of cliffhangers! I understand that many authors writing a series use this tired trick to ensure that the reader will purchase the next book. Sometimes, it is used effectively (the old story is resolved and look what is coming up if you keep reading!) Most often, it just pisses me off that I have to wait for the continuation of the story. This is especially frustrating when I have to wait a year or more to get the next installment. My frustration has eased somewhat since purchasing my Nook, instant gratification and all that being better than waiting until I am able to go to a bookstore. However, this was a good old fashioned paper book. So when I went online to purchase the second book in e-book format, I discovered it isn't available! Grr again! While grumbling under my breath, I go to goodreads to check out the reviews of the second story and then I realized that the 3rd book isn't even available yet. 2 years after the 2nd book! Now I have to choose whether or not I will brave the bookstore on the day after Christmas and purchase the second book. Knowing that the first book left me hanging, I am afraid that the 2nd book will just irritate my already frazzled post-holiday nerves even further! And I repeat the grrr.

Ok, rant over. Had the book not ended with the dangling bit, and the next book had been available for immediate purchase, I would have given this book 4 stars. I thought it was relatively well-written, I enjoyed Rhiannon's POV and humor, and there was plenty of bang bang action and well as just enough bangity bangity action to make me happy. But I'm still pissy, so I only gave 3 stars. As always, my opinion is subject to change without notice.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dead, Undead, or Somewhere in Between.