Josie Ann's Reviews > The Divorce Club

The Divorce Club by Jayde Scott

7041981
Jan 15, 12

Read from January 12 to 14, 2012

Once again, Lucy has done a great job!! I really enjoyed this book; I enjoyed it so much that I was ready to get a divorce, and I"m SINGLE!!! Sarah Davis, the main character, is a 34-year-old divorcee and a mother to a 13-year-old girl, Sam. When the story begins, Sarah is purchasing a building for her business, The Divorce Club. The Divorce Club is a business that Sarah decides to start to give women moral support through their divorces. After a week of being opened, The Divorce Club has 4 members: Simone, Lucy, Shannon, and Mindy, who is their for research purposes only. One day, Sarah is approached by a man, Jamie Bowers, who wants to join the club, and threatens to sue her if she doesn't let him join because he feels that it's sexist. As the story goes along, Sarah is being stalked by someone, she's growing closer to Jamie, and barely making ends meet. Sarah is definitely the definition of a Superwoman; she does what she has to do to take care of her daughter. I love the bond that Jamie and Sam had, but I strongly disliked Sam's attitude…to me, it just seemed like no matter what Sarah did, it was never enough for her. All in all, I loved this book; I wish it would've had an epilogue at the end, but it's one of those stories that's strong enough with or without one though!!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Divorce Club.