Kathy McC's Reviews > 11/22/63

11/22/63 by Stephen King

Jan 01, 2012

Read from December 25, 2011 to January 01, 2012

Stephen King is a masterful storyteller! This book began with a huge premise to ponder-
"If you ever wanted to change the world, this is your chance. Save Kennedy, save his brother. Save Martin Luther King. Stop the race riots. Stop Vietnam, maybe." How would the world have been different if Oswald would have missed his mark? Jake Epping has an opportunity to find out.

This storyline is well researched, thoroughly presented. King acknowledges some of his research sources in the Afterword. As a subscriber to the conspiracy theory, I plan to read these books to see if I reach the same conclusion as he did.
The secondary storylines are also interesting and keep everything "real". For much of the novel, I didn't have trouble wrapping my head around the plot events. I must say that there were about 50 pages toward the end that I did have trouble with the "believability" factor. I didn't agree with the aftermath of the events in Dallas. But, I did love the ending events of the secondary storylines.
This was a wonderful novel to start 2012 with!

Great lines:
"Sometimes life coughs up coincidences no writer of fiction would dare copy."
"Something is at work, okay? Somewhere in the universe (or behind it), a great machine is ticking and turning its fabulous gears."

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read 11/22/63.

Comments (showing 1-3)

dateUp arrow    newest »

message 3: by Beth (new)

Beth Once again, I love the quotes you select!

message 2: by Kathy McC (last edited Jan 02, 2012 04:36PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kathy McC I have always admired King's skills with the written word, he just doesn't write my genre. But, this was a great read, in spite of its length.

Rachaelita I am so glad you liked it. I can't wait to read it now!