Gabe Neph's Reviews > Fighting Ruben Wolfe

Fighting Ruben Wolfe by Markus Zusak

U 50x66
Jan 08, 12

This book is a story about two brothers that are just trying to make it by in life. Their family is struggling for money because their father just lost his job. After Rube hits a kid in the mouth at school for saying things about their sister, a man is waiting for them outside of their house. I recommend this book for everyone, this book is outstanding.
The plot is this book was extremely exciting. Markus Zusak knows how to write a book that everyone loves. When Rube and Cam go into an underground boxing ring, they come together as brothers. Cam is the underdog to everyone, and Rube is feared by the other fighters. The last fight for both of them turned out to be the most important, though.
Honestly, I don't think that they are many mistakes in this book. Markus Zusak uses a lot of language that people in the North use, do that could be some trouble to people. I like how he has little conversations at night between Rube and Cam at the end of every chapter.
This book is one of the best that I've ever read. The story line is remarkable. As I stated earlier, I like how he uses the boxing ring to bring the two brothers together. I recommend this book to everyone, because it is a great book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fighting Ruben Wolfe.