Keri's Reviews > Somebody to Love

Somebody to Love by Kristan Higgins

May 05, 12

bookshelves: 2012-read, reviewed, chick-lit, kristan-higgins, older-woman, romance-contemporary
Read in May, 2012

This was really 3.5 stars for me and for most of the book it was a solid 3. I will try and put to epaper my thoughts about this book. This is probably going to come off more as a rant than a review. I didn't warm to Parker until the last 1/8 of the book and at points of the book I wanted to throw the book against the wall because of her. I thought she was extremely narrow- minded and cold. I fell in love with James from the first and knew that there was a lot more to him that we knew. I couldn't get his attraction to Parker from the first. Even having discovered what the big "deal" was, I still thought that Parker was immature about it. One big thing that bugged me further was the use of Lady land...really??? You can use the word f*%k, but when referring to the female reproductive area we got Lady land...every time.

There were no love scenes, we were led in with a kiss and the next chapter we woke up and boy did we have amazing sex. I wouldn't know, I didn't get any details, you just told me they did. Referring to James to Thing One was demeaning and it got old really fast and only backed up Parker's immaturity at times. She was older than James, but she didn't act like it. Her dad was a jerk and so was his dad and brothers. One refreshing thing was that we were in James's head a bit more than normal for a KH. Once we got his backstory he was even more wonderful as a person and Parker should have got down and groveled at his feet once she got it. We did get a small grovel, but not enough IMO for what she put him through.

What I did love is that I got to read more about my Malone. We get to see him and Maggie get married. That is ok; I am going to allow this just until I can dump my old man and go claim him for myself. A man has needs...I dig it, she can be his foot warmer until I can get there. :-) Same Malone though, a man of few words...ayuh, but damn sexy about it. Diabetics beware the epilogue is super sweet and may put you into sugar shock. Not sure why we had that length on the time, but I guess to allow for what was in the epilogue we needed that. I didn't hate the book, after all I read it in one sitting in a matter of hours, it just wasn't one of my favs. That is my rant and I am sticking to it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Somebody to Love.