Gaijinmama's Reviews > Voyager

Voyager by Diana Gabaldon

May 21, 12

bookshelves: fiction, favorites
Read from November 24 to December 20, 2010

this was maybe my fourth re-read...loved it even more this time!
Sigh. Swoon. Thud.
Jamie is in his forties now, but so am I. He and Claire have overcome incredible obstacles to be together across space and time, and their passion takes my breath away.
In addiction to the Red Hot Whooppee-Making, there's humor, adventure, a bit of magic and mystery, some interesting new characters and a couple of unexpected reunions with old friends.
Oh, and there are pirates. And a pelican. And a kinky little Chinese dude with a foot fetish.

What's not to love? As I always find myself saying after reading one of Diana's books, this was the fastest 900-or-so pages I've ever read.
I think this book has passed Outlander and is now my favorite book in the series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Voyager.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Georgia Mine too! I can practically quote whole passages of dialog. Some Outlandish fans have written that they like it the least because of the magic, voodoo, etc. I argue this: how can you not love the book where they reconnect twenty years after being separated? I STILL get goosebumps when I read the reunion scenes. SIGHHHHHHH!

Lisa I just finished my second read but this time in audio and loved it even more, like you said. What's not to love? I got a kick out of your review :)

Gaijinmama Thanks ladies!
Yeah, I do love Jamie and Claire's wedding night, but wow their reunion is pretty awesome too. Sends me into a tizzy every time!