Tina's Reviews > Magic Gifts

Dec 28, 11

bookshelves: 2011, best-2011, ebooks, gifts, fantasy
Read from December 26 to 28, 2011

Original post at One More Page

Oh Ilona Andrews, did you know how the two of you just made my Christmas so awesome? Thank you so much for this free Kate Daniels novella. :) Magic Gifts is set shortly after Magic Slays , and it starts with a dinner date between the Beast Lord Curran and Kate. Of course, the chance of normalcy is slim as some moments after their date has started, heads started to roll -- literally. Soon, Kate and Curran and everyone else is fighting to save a boy's life, running after vikings and dwarfs while ensuring that the rest of Atlanta will not fall apart with a breakdown of sorts.

General spoiler warning for those who haven't read any Kate Daniels books yet (And why haven't you read any, for the love of all things awesome?). Two words to describe this book: SO. GOOD. I love it, I love it. Even if it is shorter than the other Kate Daniels novels, this book is just as good. Kate and Curran are still as awesome (and romantic) as ever, and how mature their relationship seems. I love it when they spar verbally, and how Kate cares about him and how he cares for her. I also love how we see all the other characters here too besides the two of them: Doolittle, Derek, Jim, Andrea, Ascanio, even Grendel the attack poodle! And I have to say now that my favorite vampires are in Kate Daniels' world. Or, my favorite necromancers, rather. Gasthek is such a character!

This is a must-read for all fans of the series, and the ebook is still available for download from the author's website -- and I think you only have a week to get it! If you missed it, though, this novella will be available as a bonus in Gunmetal Magic, Andrea's story, which will be released in August 2012. :)
3 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Magic Gifts.

12/26/2011 page 18
39.0% "Ah Kate, I missed you!"
12/27/2011
36.0% "Wait. Mr. Lennart? Curran's last name is Lennart? Am I the only one surprised at suddenly finding out Curran's surname?" 3 comments
12/28/2011
100.0% ":)"

Maja (The Nocturnal Library) And why haven't you read any, for the love of all things awesome?

Well, I have nothing to add to this, but I thought it needed repeating. ;)