Tonya's Reviews > The Secrets of Jin-shei

F 50x66
Dec 25, 2011

bookshelves: get-them-read-so-i-can-get-more
Read from December 25, 2011 to February 17, 2012

It was the recommendation on the front that intrigued me when i purchased this book. "This evocative novel is sure to be popular with fans of Amy Tan, Gail Tsukiyama, and eve Marion Zimmer Bradley." I bought it because I was very skeptical that writer could be herald as a combination of these three authors. I stand corrected.

A book filled with love, tragedy, suspense, and a little magic; I devoured every page. As I read I was reminded of all the jin-she I have in my life. All women from different backgrounds that fate moved our paths to cross and we soon walked them together.

Very well written and spellbinding mastery of imagery that I have not seen in written word in quite some time, this book is one I most highly recommend. Gave four stars because I would have liked more at the end. And I do hope there is a sequel out there somewhere, if not already written, but being written. These women left a legacy filled with unanswered questions that, as the reader, you either want to see the continuation. Or maybe we are to imagine them ourselves.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Secrets of Jin-shei.

12/25/2011 page 34