Katie's Reviews > The Captive Heart

The Captive Heart by Dale Cramer

Jan 11, 12

Read from January 05 to 06, 2012 — I own a copy

First posted on my blog, Legacy of a Writer.

While The Captive Heart had more events and action packed within its pages than the first book in the series, I still wasn't crazy about the book. Mostly because I felt there were so many loose ends when the book ended. I understand an author wanting to leave some questions there, in anticipation of another book, but I personally felt it was too many. There wasn’t enough closer.

The book takes off much faster than the first, combining more adventure into this tale! When Rachel is kidnapped and taken by bandits to be sold as a slave…oh yeah, that amps it up! And when Jake sets out to save her—though he won’t kill anyone—gives the story an interesting twist. I easily flew through the pages, enjoying this book now that I was used to Dale Cramer’s writing style.

There was one interesting part when the Bender sisters are talking about “Bed courtship” that I thought a bit…interesting! The author does specify that the practice has kinda died away, but I'm just surprised that it ever begun! Yikes, sounds kinda...out there!

I don’t mean for this review to sound like I am totally negative about The Captive Heart, as there were some things I enjoyed. And doubtless others would enjoy this book more than I did. And if Dale Cramer did publish a third book to this series, I would probably get it to read. Just so I can know how everything ends up for the Bender family! :-)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Captive Heart.