Kerry's Reviews > One Grave at a Time

One Grave at a Time by Jeaniene Frost

Dec 24, 11

bookshelves: 2011, 7, ebooks, fantasy, paranormal
Read from December 23 to 25, 2011

I didn't find this to be one of the best books in the series, but it was still a good series. I found it quite slow at first, but it really picked up about a third of the way through and I've just spent a pleasant Christmas Day afternoon resting and finishing it.

I guess my more lukewarm reaction is because I wasn't bowled over by the main plot. I think Frost does a great job of balancing and grounding her books (I just love the way she finds ways to balance the power differentials between her couples without making it crazy insane as I have seen other authors do), and in this book one of the messages was that sometimes people don't get what they deserve - either for good or for evil. I like the solidity this gives her world, but I'll be honest - I would have liked the villain to be more totally defeated than he was.

But I'm very curious about the B-plot and Don and Madigan, and I'm looking forward to seeing where that goes.

While I liked this less that some of the books in the series, it is definitely not a bad book, and I've really enjoyed reading it. And really, what I'm complaining about is a good point in the long run and I'm sure will be good for the series - it just means I loved this one a bit less.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read One Grave at a Time.