(Sara) Through the Looking Glass's Reviews > Ink Exchange

Ink Exchange by Melissa Marr

Dec 24, 11

Read in December, 2011

This book was not at all what I initially expected. After reading Wicked Lovely, I thought this would be a continuation of that story, as I am sure a lot of other people thought too. However, Leslie's story was a pleasant surprise once I began reading.

What bothered me, starting off, was that I only got to see Aislinn whenever and however the other characters saw her. This disappointed me a little because I was really looking forward to seeing how she adjusted to being the Summer Queen and being more involved with the Faerie world.

Leslie's life was hard and lots of bad things had happened to her, thus making her stronger and a perfect target for Irial, especially because she thought that getting a tattoo would make things better for her. She was a pretty amazing and resilient character, I think. A lot of times she was kept in the dark about certain matters and even though I know her friends didn't want her involved in Faerie politics, I think she should've been more in the know.

Niall is probably my favorite character in the series so far. Maybe it was the way he fought his nature or maybe it was the way he would do anything in the world for Leslie, but either way, the complexity of him was so enticing. I loved it. He was in the first book a tiny bit, and more in this one, and I hope to see more of him later in the series.

The end was kind of heartbreaking to me, but still a proper ending. One of the characters began to gain some serious humanity, thanks to Leslie, and one took on a role that he never intended to play.

This all makes me even more eager to dive into Fragile Eternity!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ink Exchange.