Mike's Reviews > Heaven is for Real: A Little Boy's Astounding Story of His Trip to Heaven and Back

Heaven is for Real by Todd Burpo

Dec 24, 11

bookshelves: christian, non-fiction, religion
Read in December, 2011

This was a very short book that tells the story of a little boy who came close to dying and later tells the story of how he went to Heaven. This is a difficult book to rate as an objective reader. It was not great literature, and the story itself could have been told in half (or less) the pages. However, the story was nice to read, I could feel for the people involved, and like many other reviews point out, it makes you think.

I don't doubt the truth of the story told by the Pastor/Father of the boy, but it does seem to be very specific in its details for quotes and specific details that were recalled over the course of years. Do I take the story at its word? Probably not, but I also don't think the author and people from the story are lying. Do I think they are delusional? No - and I am now stuck in a place where I don't know how to explain my thoughts about the story. I am glad I read it because it made me think, but I don't think the details of the story were important to get me there.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Heaven is for Real.