Dolly's Reviews > Fearless Fourteen

Jun 21, 08

bookshelves: fluffreading
Recommended for: nobody
Read in June, 2008

What a nadir for this series. Mystery? There wasn't one. Mr Secret Identity? I'd spoil it for ya, but it wouldn't really be a surprise. Or in any way interesting. At all. The whole who-is-Zook's-baby-daddy thing? I'd spoil that for you as well, but again: it would be a big ol' letdown.

Even the funny bits weren't funny in this book. Ms Evanovich apparently got ahold of an online dictionary for MMORPG slang and made up a subplot based on it. She got some of the terms way wrong. It was painful to read those parts.

Ranger? Was a source of information in this book. Thassit. All that character-building stuff she did for him in her previous books was absolutely and completely wasted. You could have replaced him with a decent internet search engine and a set of lockpicks.

"Brenda" was flat as a character and as a subplot, made even more heinous by the fact that her subplot was only loosely tied to the main plot.

Secondary characters throughout were, like the ammo used in the potato launchers, half-baked.

That's it. I'm done with Janet Evanovich. I was a huge fan early on, but she's been wimping out the last, oh, six books or so. This one wasn't even worth the time, no less the money.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fearless Fourteen.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Cherise I am glad you reviewed this, you pointed out things I didn't in my review only because it would have turned into a novel. ;)

Brenda was HORRIBLE. She was an older version of that Joyce character. Trashy and annoying.

Sandy OMG I was going to say the same thing about Brenda! She's a famous, less bitchy version of Joyce. Still a cougar with tonnes of exes though.