Elizabeth's Reviews > Visions of Sugar Plums

Visions of Sugar Plums by Janet Evanovich

Dec 24, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: christmas, fantasy-magic-sci-fi, humor, short-stories-novellas, mystery, we-own-a-copy
Read in December, 2011

I like the Stephanie Plum books, but this book just doesn't seem to fit in the series. It is funny, of course, but it doesn't feel like Stephanie Plum. Ranger and Vinnie aren't in this book, and Morelli and Lula only get a handful of pages apiece. Stephanie spends most of the book in the company of Diesel, a supernatural superhero who flirts with her and chases superpowered supernatural villains. I don't think the supernatural elements fit too well with the Plum novels, either, and it isn't even a "Christmas" miracle story, since Diesel is a year-round magic guy. I read the book and enjoyed it for what it was, but the whole time I was telling myself that once this between-the-numbers book was over, I could pretend it never happened. Unfortunately, (view spoiler) so now I suppose that for the rest of the series, whether this book's events are mentioned or not, I will have a constant reminder anyway. Sheesh!

If this is the only Plum book you've ever read, you'll probably like it. I think it's nice on its own; it just doesn't mesh with the rest of the series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Visions of Sugar Plums.