Sophie's Reviews > Geek Girl

Geek Girl by Cindy C. Bennett

Mar 29, 12

bookshelves: e-arc, 2011, reviewed, perfect-book-boyfriend, contemporary
Read from February 10 to 12, 2012

This was actually a very interesting read. In fact, I didn't expected to like it as much as I did! The thing that first catched my attention was the theme. A "bad girl" wanting to turn a good boy, bad. I thought it was something worth giving a try.

The characters were nicely defined. Jen is an orphan who has grown up constantly changing homes. She's always careful not to develop any feelings towards her adopted family and her classmates at school. After all, she never stays at the same place for long. She follows the fashion and thoughts of the goth subculture. One day, when she's bored of her everyday life, she makes a bet; she's going to turn a geek boy bad. And here comes Trevor. Oh my gosh, Trevor! A while ago I wrote somewhere that I have a soft spot for geeky, nerdy boys. TREVOR WAS ITS TRUE INCARNATION. I, plainly, absolutely, adored him.

Jen's tactic to change Trevor was, obviously, making him fall for her. Oh, boy, did I love those first moments between them. It was really like some kind of dance, and I enjoyed every second of it. But not everything goes as Jen planned. Their love was so sweet, the kind that makes you smile later on and makes you wish the guy really existed.

One of the greatest points of Geek Girl was how Jen changed. Real character change and development is one of the best things to read, in my opinion. Just when I was halfway the book I wondered how the book would end... I just had to reread the title! LOL Although somehow I hoped that she'd still dress like before, that she'd still be different in the most Lola-and-the-Boy-Next-Door kind of way.

All in all, Geek Girl is a highly enjoyable and very recommended, nice contemporary read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Geek Girl.

Quotes Sophie Liked

Cindy C. Bennett
“Trev, all you had to do was breathe to make me want you. ”
Cindy C. Bennett, Geek Girl